A great pizza definitely goes well in any situation, at a moment with friends or a romantic dinner. But have you heard of grilled pizza? If you’re a barbecue fan, you’ve probably thought about baking the pizza on the grill. You may never tried, but this combination is absolutely delicious! So, here is a simple and yet incredible grilled pizza recipe with a margherita flavor.
And don’t forget to use the BOB-Q charcoal for an even better result on your barbecue. Our charcoal is perfect for those looking for a barbecue with the best flavor possible. Taste your food, not the fuel.
- 3 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup of natural yeast
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 200g of mozzarella
- 50g of cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Tomato sauce to taste
Steps to prepare and cook:
- Place the flour on the counter, make a hole in the center and add the natural yeast;
- Put the salt and oil around. Put water in the middle, little by little, adding the flour around it, until it forms a dough;
- When it becomes well blended, knead for 15 minutes and let it rest for 1h30 in a glass vessel covered with film paper;
- Open the dough, pouring flour on the counter and on the rolling pin. It should be very thin;
- Take to the grill and let it brown;
- Turn the pizza dough, in the part that we let it brown we will put the filling of the pizza;
- Cover the disc with tomato sauce;
- When the dough swells up, place the mozzarella and cherry tomatoes on the grill;
- Leave on the grill until the cheese melts. A tip to melt it evenly is to use a bowl to cover the pizza, so the steam will help melt the cheese;
- Finally, remove the pizza from the grill and add the basil leaves.
And remember, for better results on barbecue and grilling, use BOBQ Lump Charcoal. It’s made out from 100% Natural Reforested Eucalyptus. Very popular in most of Latin American cultures and some other regions all over the world, hardwood lump charcoal is also used in most of Brazilian Rodizio Steakhouses. With a lot of attention to the production process BOB-Q Lump Charcoal is a Super Premium product that will provide you with a unique experience on your barbecue.
Buy your BOB-Q Lump Charcoal here and stay tuned to our blog for more delicious recipes to prepare on your grill or to improve your barbecue.