In this article, you’ll learn how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker. This recipe is guaranteed success, it’s almost impossible to mess up. Carrots and potatoes are cooked alongside the brisket in spices and beer, any kind you prefer. Once done, a good tip is to serve with soda bread, for a warm and satisfying meal for almost 8 people. It takes around 15 minutes to prepare, while cooking takes about 8 hours. Enjoy!
You’re going to need:
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces;
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered;
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces;
- 4 cups water;
- 1 (4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet;
- 6 ounces beer;
- ½ head cabbage, coarsely chopped.
Steps to prepare and cook:
- First, start cutting the vegetables. Cut the baby potatoes into 4 slices, no need to peel them. Then peel one onion and cut into bite size pieces. Coarsely chop half a head of cabbage, cover the chopped cabbage and put it in the fridge, you’ll only need it until 1 hour before serving the meal. This way it’ll be ready to go when the time comes. Finally, cut the 4 carrots into matchstick pieces, yielding about two cups.
- Next, place the vegetables at the pan’s bottom, first potatoes, then the onion and finally the carrots. Pour in 4 cups of water. Place your 4 pound corned beef brisket on the top and save the spice packet, it’ll be used later. Then pour 6 ounces of beer over the brisket, you can use any kind you prefer. Finally, sprinkle the content of the spice packet on the top of it all.
- Cook on high for 7 hours. After 7 hours, take the cabbage out of the fridge and add it to the slow cooker submerging it gently. Then cook for more 1 hour.
For better results on barbecue and grilling, use BOBQ Lump Charcoal. It’s made out from 100% Natural Reforested Eucalyptus. Very popular in most of Latin American cultures and some other regions all over the world, hardwood lump charcoal is also used in most of Brazilian Rodizio Steakhouses. With a lot of attention to the production process BOB-Q Lump Charcoal is a Super Premium product that will provide you with a unique experience on your barbecue.